r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

June 26, 2009

My Girl Guide Rose is blooming

The Girl Guide rose is a floribunda rose bush that was carried exclusively by the gardening centres White Rose who are no longer in business.


According to their home and garden guide from 2002, the Girl Guide rose is "an everblooming rose that produces masses of fragrant, orange-salmon blooms with a pink flush in the centre. A true sweetheart rose."

Mine was given to me the year I received my Girl Guides of Canada Silver Merit award and is very special to me. I'm not a great gardener, though, so worry each year that this rose may not survive my terrible gardening skills.



These photos are from the first blooms this year.

They are now fading, and making room for the next blooms ... but I'll have to get the pest-getter-ridder-of stuff out because something is eating the greenery and the plant does not look happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment