r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

May 30, 2009

Free Pattern - Patons Canadiana Mitts

Everyone has their favourite patterns.

For me, they are patterns from back in the 60s and 70s - free patterns by Patons for Canadiana yarn.

I think I knit the slipper pattern exclusively for years! I didn't knit anything else, not even scarves!

But then I took up knitting again as an adult and I tried mittens. Of course I used the vintage Patons Canadiana pattern! It was also my first attempt at using dpns (what are dpns? double-pointed needles). After sewing the seam on my first ever pair of mittens, I then knit a pair on dpns so as to avoid those horrid seams!

And now, for anyone else needing a good, solid, vintage pattern for mittens, here is the vintage Patons Canadiana mitts pattern.



I need to find that slipper pattern and add it to my blog as well. I found a lovely typed out version here on a blog by 21st Century Girl, but I know I have it scanned somewhere as well. I'll add it when I find it.


If you'd rather buy knitted items than knit them, then you should check out my etsy shop! ennadoolf.etsy.com with a Knitting Boutique featuring handknit scarves, hats, dishcloths and more .. plus my own knitting patterns

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I'm looking forward to the slipper pattern, that is what I want, an old stand by pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the slipper pattern - it will be on my blog later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help, redspice! :)

    I searched for these 2 patterns for ages, then when I finally found paper copies again, I knew I had to put them out there for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I got these patterns from my mother a while back and have since misplaced them. She's gone now and I have been searching for it for ages. Knitting these brings her back for me so thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! I had this pattern years ago & have misplaced it. Wanting to spend time knitting mittens while in lock down with COVID.😃

    ReplyDelete