r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

July 12, 2009

I designed it myself: My New Purse

I just had this urge to make a new purse.
My sister gave me these wooden handles a long time ago and I was going to knit a purse or two, but suddenly on Friday night, I cut out and sewed a purse with one of the handles. It wasn't lined or anything as it was just a test.

After it was done, I mulled about it and thought about how to line it to make it better and how to sew it to hide all the seams. And then on Saturday I made this one.
I really do like it. Its been suggested that I use different fabric if I plan to make more for my shop. And I certainly have lots of fabric! So we'll see if this design makes it to my Etsy shop [ ennadoolf.etsy.com ] or not. If it does, you'll certainly read about it here!
Oh, and I just love that button! I picked it up at a yard sale on Saturday a.m. in a small bag of buttons. How lucky is that?

2 comments: