r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

July 30, 2016

Saturday Spotlight - Lil' Dreamers Pet Beds & More


Saturday Spotlight 

Lil' Dreamers Pet Beds & More


1. What is the name of your shop or business and what do you sell?
Selling upcycled pet beds from vintage suitcases and baskets.  
Also creating artwork from canvas, wood and other mixed media and acrylic paint.  
I also make healthy pet treats sold in decorated mason jars.

2. Where are you located? or where do you sell?
London, and product in new Loveleigh Boutique.


3. Do you have your own website/store or online link?
I don't have a website or online store yet.

4. How long have you been doing your craft/art and how did you get started?
I've been painting for 30 years but just turned it from a hobby to a home business in the spring of 2016.

5. Who or what inspires you to create?
I've always had a creative nature. 
Making this my focus in life has come from my desire to be happy and feel fulfilled.  
Animals make me happy! 


6. Do you listen to music when you work, and if so what kind?
I like to listen to local pop radio but sometimes I'm feelin' my faves like Metric, or 80's music, haha!

7. What do you like least/most about your craft?

It's quite time consuming.  
Doing a custom pet portrait can take a few hours of painting.  
But I love painting as it's an escape and I can get lost in the artwork.  
Before I know it an hour has passed.
  
8. Describe your workspace?
I currently don't have my own studio in our home.  
I enjoy the view of the backyard from our kitchen or dining room while I paint, or sew, or assemble a pet bed or make and jar sweet potato treats!


9. What is one of your best moments as a crafter/artist?

Winning a bid for some custom paintings and exceeding the customers expectations.  
It was a very proud moment for myself!

10. What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own craft business?
Focus on craft sales/events that match with your craft.  
Network & advertising is key.  
Don't give up!!

Thank you Amanda!





No comments:

Post a Comment