r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

December 30, 2010

Top 10 List

Hm, the radio said today that this is the time of year that Top 10 Lists are popular. 

So I thought I'd do one too!

My Top 10 List for 2010.

10.  Finished the pair of socks where I learned to knit the pair using circular needles - I used the book Knitting Circles Around Socks and it was a great teaching tool!  I loved the step-by-step instructions and the helpful photos.  I love the colour of the socks - it was hard to tell looking at the yarn that they'd turn out to look so camouflage!

9.  I started organizing my house in a more organized fashion!  Reading Organizing from the Inside Out was most helpful.

8.  Girl Guides in Canada celebrated 100 years in 2010! And I was blessed to be able to take part in events throughout the year!

7.  The Vancouver Olympics!  And those fantastic red maple leaf mittens that were seen internationally.  And those beautiful sweaters the Canadian Olympic team wore at the closing ceremonies.

6.  Visiting the Caribbean.  [sigh]

5.  The world helped Haiti, and continues to help.

4.  I took part in the Great Ride 'n' Stride against Cancer - it was my 29th year and the last one to be held in my city. Luckily I've located another town nearby where I'll be able to take part in 2011.

3.  My sister and I each donated a Barbie to the Pretty In Pink charity auction at a local art gallery.

2.  I learned to golf.  I joined a golf league and even saw improvement.

1.  My Work Sock Cup Cozy was featured on the Trendwatch page of the December issue of Canadian House & Home Magazine.

These are in no particular order.

Hm, looking back, it was a good year.

Next:  Resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment