r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

January 21, 2017

Saturday Spotlight: Brandow Soap Co.


Saturday Spotlight

Brandow Soap Co.


1. What is the name of your shop or business?



2. Where are you located? or where do you sell?

I am located in Ingersoll and in 5 stores:
Ohtera in St Thomas;
and Local Luxuries in Lucan.


3. Do you have your own website/store or online link?

I currently do not have a website; I currently only work off of Facebook. www.facebook.com/brandowsoap  


4. How long have you been doing your craft/art and how did you get started?

I've been doing handmade bath products for almost 5 years. I originally started it as a line for my mommies when I sold cloth diapers.  It took off from there and has been very successful. I am absolutely blessed to have the customers I do!

5. Who or what inspires you to create?

Over the years I have followed some amazing Soapers!  They have definitely helped me take something ordinary and turn it into art.  And believe it or not a paint chip can be some great inspiration. There have been many things that have planted a creative seed from artists and their painting to a plate full of milk and cookies! Nothing is off limits!   

6. Do you listen to music when you work, and if so what kind?

I listen to all kinds of music when working from opera to alternative to classical and holiday music. 

7. What do you like least/most about your craft?

The least thing I like about my job is that it can become very repetitive and sometimes can become boring.  Creating something new is the best part.

8. Describe your workspace?

I work mostly in the kitchen as I need a sink and a heat source.  I also spend quite a bit of time in my office designing and printing all my own labels. 

9. What is one of your best moments as a crafter/artist?

One of the best moments that I had was being asked to take part in a brand partnership with quite a successful business.  My second greatest moment was when I was asked to join my first retail store.

10. What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own craft business?

Research!  Research!  Research!  
When starting your own business you can never have too much information about your type of business. Know what's proven to work and be successful but never be afraid to try something new.  And no matter what type of business your interested in starting, make sure you put your own spin to make it uniquely yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment