r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

February 17, 2009

Teams on Tuesday - e-Guiding


I am a member of Girl Guides of Canada - Guides du Canada (GGC). I am the treasurer for a Girl Guide unit and I'm also a Guider for Rangers registered in Lones. Those are my two official volunteer roles.

In addition to that, I am a member of e-Guiding.com - we are a group of volunteers, mostly members of Girl Guides of Canada, plus one fantastic web guru who is male and takes care of our websites. We maintain the website e-Guiding.com that includes The GuideZone and TuneGuide

As volunteers with many other things going on in our lives, we would love to be able to spend more time on our e-Guiding roles, so we do what we can. :) I know I'd love to be able to have an extra day this year to spend just adding resources to GuideZone!

Hm, one of the things we've discussed in the past is to have a November 31st - maybe that could be the elusive extra day I need to work on this! :) We came up with that when the GGC calendar one year had a November 31st printed. Granted, the same day was December 1st on the next page, but for one fleeting moment, we thought GGC had given us a whole extra day! If only...

If you're looking for GGC memorabilia, check out the scarves I've added to my Etsy shop, Patterns And Such.

No comments:

Post a Comment