r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

August 30, 2010

Monday Memories - the Drill Press and Pin Cushions

Tools are wonderful things. 

They make life so much easier.

It's just a matter of knowing which is the best tool for the job.

Like when I was making these pin cushions.

The first thing you need to do is to put small holes into the caps from water bottles.

This is so that you can insert an elastic and tie it.  Hm, maybe I'll do a tutorial in a future post and show you what I did.

Anyway, we were watching tv, my hubby and daughter and I, and I was sitting on the floor with a sharp object and making the holes in the caps. It was tedious work.  I used the sharp object and I would twist and turn it ... ee-ee, ee-ee ... it was a bit squeaky.  After 15 minutes or more, during a commercial, my hubby and daughter, almost in unison asked what I was doing.  So I showed them the finished pin cushion and how I had to make little holes in the caps.  Then I proudly showed them the 1 or 2 I had finished in those 15 minutes or more.

Then, again almost in unison, they asked "why don't you use the drill press?".

My response was ... "wha...?"

So they showed me the drill press.

Amazing.

I finished another 20 or 50 caps in less than 5 minutes!!

The drill press was the right tool for the job.

Definitely not the squeaky sharp object that I can no longer remember what it was ... just that it went ee-ee, ee-ee ... because it was a bit squeaky.

Do you think I should have these tiny pin cushions available in ennadoolf.etsy.com ~ leave a comment and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I think they are adorable! Yes, LOL, the right tool for the right job does make such a difference!

    ReplyDelete