r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

September 11, 2010

Its Shinerama time!


Looked out my window this morning and grabbed a shot of the beginning of
SHINERAMA
in London.

These enthusiastic Western students weren't even the first I'd seen . . . I'd already been out and about and had the stickers on my tshirt to prove it!  But you know I couldn't let them leave my front door empty-handed ~ that would defeat the purpose of what they're doing!

Shinerama is the largest post secondary fundraiser in Canada for the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CCFF). Cystic fibrosis (CF), which affects the lungs and the digestive system, is the most common, fatal, genetic disease affecting Canadian children.

Thanks to all the students in all the post-secondary institutions across Canada giving up their time today to help raise funds for Shinerama.

No comments:

Post a Comment