r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

November 08, 2009

KAL - Knit-a-long

I am taking part in a KAL (knit-a-long).

I've wanted to learn fair isle knitting for a while and had decided, that with all my other projects on the go, this would be my new year's resolution for 2010. To learn fair isle knitting.

And then along came this KAL.

So, I am learning now.
So these are my colours - pulled from my stash.
And I've cast on and knit the ribbing so far, as well as a few rows. I'm at the point where I'm supposed to add the first colour.
So now I will pause! I've never done this before, and the KAL hasn't officially started yet while everyone is choosing their colours. But I wanted to get this far, so that if I got busy I'd at least have this much done and could learn how to do the next part.
I'll keep you updated!
I'll also be updating my progress on facebook - at my business page for ennadoolf.etsy.com - become a fan and watch me learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment