r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

May 18, 2010

Teams on Tuesday - Knit a Bridge

A bridge?

Yes!

Last year I helped with the Knit a Poem project in the United Kingdom and sent a knitted square as my contribution.

This year, I've learned about the KNIT CamBRIDGE project and it's right here in Ontario!

A good friend gave me a UFO (un-finished object) that was to be an afghan many years ago ... and there were quite a few squares already knitted up.  Some of those squares have been sent off to be made into other afghans and now the remainder will go to Cambridge for this Knit a Bridge project!


I'm hoping I'll be able to visit the bridge in person in September!

AND, if you are in Ontario and would like to take part in World Wide Knit In Public Day June 19th and help break a Guinness record, get more info here!

No comments:

Post a Comment