r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

April 18, 2012

New (to me!) Knitting and Quilting magazines!

Lucky me!  I found these knitting and quilting magazines today.  I've been drooling over some of the patterns!
I especially like the Botanica Medallion Cardigan on the cover of the Spring/Summer 2009 Vogue Knitting - though I'd be hesitant to actually call it a "cardigan" myself - I love the overall simplicity of the basic design using more intricate knitting stitches to create this!

And I love that Vine and Leaf Beret in pink on the cover of the Fall 2009 Vogue Knitting - there are a couple more hats inside that are perfect too!


The quilting magazines have me thinking that maybe, just maybe, I should give quilting another try!  There is a cool quilt that uses machine embroidery and the maker used tools! as the focus!  hammer, drill, table saw, etc.   I like it!  The maker took a year and a half to finish hers ... I'm not sure I have that patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment