r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

August 02, 2014

Tutorial: Duck Tape iPad RE-Cover

Tutorial:  Duck Tape iPad RE-Cover

First, here is the "AFTER" photo:
Doesn't it look nice?  

We thought the light coloured leather iPad cover was a good idea.

We were wrong.

Natural body oils stain the cover - and there is no way to clean it off and you cannot dye them.
 Plus, the edges all separated ... I opened them up here so you could see what I mean - they didn't actually look like this all the time but I wanted some drama in these photos!  :)
So what to do?

Duck tape!
I always thought it was called duct tape, but there is a brand named Duck Tape. And that is what I found and I loved the colours, so that is what I used.

Basically, I tore off a piece of duct tape a bit longer than the width of the cover - so that I could fold it over the edges to the other side.
I forgot to take a photo of the first piece, but I did have to cut a tiny piece off each corner so that it overlapped at the back without sticking to itself.
Here is a photo of the second piece being added: I made sure to match the pattern on the duct tape and I overlapped the first piece a bit to accomplish that.
See how nicely it is covering up those stains?
 Love it!

Continue adding pieces and matching the pattern.

Here is a close up of the other end and manipulating the corners and the magnet piece:

And finally, the finished product!

I love it!!!





This post has been added to 

No comments:

Post a Comment