In Port Dover, this means motorcycles! Lots of them! No matter the weather, bikers will head to Port Dover every Friday the 13th.
In 2008, I joined the crowds as a passenger on a bike for the pilgrimage to Dover. What crowds! Of course, it was in June so the weather was not the same as in February or March or
November, the dates this year!
In this photo I took in 2008, you can see the main street is filled with bikes parked along both curbs as well as along the centre line and everyone checks out the great variety of bikes. That year, over 30,000 bikes were in Port Dover, a Guinness Book World Record.
For more information on Friday the 13th in Port Dover, visit the official website.
Looking for perfect gift for your biker friends and family?
- Leather Motorcycle Wind Guard Scarf from willowblacklab.etsy.com
- Harley Davidson Cuff from MBraze.etsy.com
- Harley Davidson Pin from fairyladyglass.etsy.com
- Vtg Black Leather HARLEY-DAVIDSON Biker Boots 9.5/11 from apocalypsevintage.etsy.com
- Motorcycle Reflections 8x8 Original Fine Art Photograph from Ketzelphotography.etsy.com
- Burnt Orange and Black Bar and Shield Blanket from BikersAndBabes.etsy.com
- Harley Chick stamped necklace from desertblossomdesigns.etsy.com
- Motorcycles. Set of 2 Laminated Photo Bookmarks from ennadoolf.etsy.com
For those of you riding to Port Dover today, stay warm!