r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

December 27, 2009

What's your New Year's Resolution? Mine is Fair Isle knitting

What's your New Year's resolution for 2010?

Last year I decided to learn to knit socks.
And I did!
And I made pedicure socks for lots of women on my Christmas List.

...as I was knitting them, I realized I'd like to learn Fair Isle knitting. That's the one where you knit with multiple colours all at once and end up with a lovely design in your finished item.

Back in November, I found a Knit-A-Long (kal) for Fair Isle knitting and thought I'd join ... even though I'd already decided that learning this would be my 2010 New Years resolution. The photo shows the yarn colours I chose from my stash. I thought I'd learn Fair Isle knitting early. LOL Not so much!


I got side-tracked, so I guess it's still my 2010 New Year's resolution!!

See?

I'm just at the point where I add the new colour.
And I panicked and stopped.
And then I got totally side-tracked by everything else I was working on.
So, this is my New Year's resolution: To learn Fair Isle knitting.
What's your New Year's Resolution for 2010?

1 comment:

  1. To spend more time creating in my studio.( It's been a challenge balancing work, family, computer and creative time.)

    ReplyDelete