r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

September 06, 2010

Monday Memories - Labour Day ... School Days

Okay, this photo wasn't taken at school, but it is at a desk!

I don't remember much about Grade 1, but I do have a couple of distinct memories from the primary grades.

One is the cloakrooms at the back of the classroom ... just a coat and boot area that was walled off from the classroom, but no doors at either end.  And one rule:  No Talking In The Cloak Room.

Of course, that's where you gather to take off your coat and boots at the beginning of the day when you're seeing all your friends, right?  So what do you do?  You talk!

And I did.  And I got caught.

That was back in the day of corporal punishment.  The days of the strap.  No, I didn't get the strap, but I do remember my teacher telling me to hold out my hand and she touched it with a ruler.  LOL  I bet she barely touched me.  But to me, it was so traumatic.  I mean, I was such a little goody two-shoes!
Well, I still talk too much now so I guess it didn't scar me for life eh.

What are your earliest memories of school?  Good?  Bad?  Leave them in comments (though you're probably limited word-wise).

Hope everyone had a great Labour Day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment