r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

July 08, 2011

Tutorial - Mark Your Suitcase


Tutorial - Mark Your Suitcase

Suitcases on the baggage claim carousel all look the same!

You *think* you bought a unique suitcase, and then you see so many that look so similar!

What to do?

I saw a suitcase on a carousel once - and I *loved* what they did!  They put initials on the suitcase!

Since we were buying replacement suitcases for our ragged old suitcases, I decided to do the same!

First we thought we'd use liquid paint pens.  I tested that theory in a hidden area .. and the paint simply soaked into the suitcase fabric!  No to that idea.

Then we found the acrylic paints that used to belong to my husband's aunt.  I chose a bright yellow and it was perfect!

I used the word processing program on our computer to print out initials in the size we wanted (about 5 inches / 120cm high) and then I carefully cut them out to make the template.

I taped the template to the suitcase and painted!

We did 2 coats.

And then we went on a trip!  It was great!!!  We knew exactly which ones were ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment