r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

July 10, 2012

DIY Series - Houseplants for Dollhouse

We know a certain someone who will receive a Barbie house for her eighth birthday this summer.

So I made some houseplants for the dollhouse.

I found these "planters" at the dollar store - they had toothpicks in them.
(You can make them yourself by rolling paper into about a one inch tube and wrapping with twine glued outside.)

Next I found green paper and printed leaves on it.  I cut them out and glued them to toothpicks for stems.



I cut a piece of green felt about three inches square, and using a pen to push into the pot, I glued it into the "pots".



Finally, put some glue on the wooden ends of the leaves, and add the "plants".


DIY series running all week - July 9 to 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment