r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

November 24, 2015

The Guiding Spirit

The Guiding Spirit


A commission by Sir Peter Robson

This painting celebrates the ideals of the Girl Guide movement from its founder, Baden-Powell, right to the present day. The standards that he outlined are being respectfully carried out by the Girl Guides all over the world today and the spirit of guiding is alive and well.
close up of the print title

close up of artists mark

Prints will be rolled and mailed in a mailing tube.


This is how my print looks after I framed it. 
I did not have it professionally framed.
I took the print with me and found a frame I liked...the white part of the print was slightly larger than the opening in the frame, so I *gasp!* cut the white part to fit the frame.
For me, this worked fine.
Alternatively, you could go with a professional matting and framing as with this one at Robson Studios.
(difficult to get a good photo without reflection but the print sure looks great with the matting.)



No comments:

Post a Comment