r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

September 24, 2016

Saturday Spotlight - From My Garden


Saturday Spotlight 

From My Garden


1. What is the name of your shop or business and what do you sell?
The name of my little business is 'From my Garden' and I make gourmet jams, unique jellies and yummy chutneys etc from what we grow in our garden or sourced from local market growers.

2. Where are you located? or where do you sell?
Located northeast of London, a couple of km west of Thorndale
I sell my products at the Masonville Farmers' Market in London, at the Thorndale Community Farmers' Market, at Fanshawe Pioneer Village general store and at various festivals and events in the London area.


3. Do you have your own website/store or online link?

4. How long have you been doing your craft/art and how did you get started?
I have been canning and preserving produce from our garden all my married life - 45 years. I was taught by my Mum and my Grandma.  Six years ago I decided I certainly wasn't getting any younger, so I quit my day job to do this full time and have never looked back or regretted it. :)


5. Who or what inspires you to create?
I don't know!!
My Mum was an artist and a wonderful gardener. My sister is a very talented florist and my Dad was a great entrepreneur. So I guess creativity is in my blood :)

6. Do you listen to music when you work, and if so what kind?
TV is never on when I am in my kitchen cooking and if I turn on the radio which isn't very often I listen to the CBC.
While I am in my garden I want to be one with nature and while in my kitchen cooking - I am planning out my day or the next one or I get some of my best ideas while stirring .


7. What do you like least/most about your craft?
My days in the gardening and harvesting season are usually long 12- 14hr. I do get very tired but that means I sleep good at night, ready to up & at it again at 7am the next morning.
I am very thankful that many people love what I make and that truly makes me proud at what I do.


8. Describe your workspace?
It depends on what has to be done. 
Outside in the garden - planting, weeding, harvesting
In my kitchen - cooking with wonderful aromas filling the whole house
In my little office - labelling jars, organizing my products and getting ready for the market

9. What is one of your best moments as a crafter/artist?
The satisfaction that I am creating something delicious, wholesome and people enjoy what I make

10. What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own craft business?
With a great idea, research and lots of hard work dedication. But you got to LOVE what you do and don't expect to get rich. The rewards are what you feel inside. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment