r-anne-dom : a place for me (anne) to leave random blog posts.
Such as:
..knitting, sewing, and other random activities pursued
..Girl Guides of Canada : yep, Guiding Lives Here
..the 4 shops on Etsy : one features quality handmade items; the second has lots of patterns, & crafting supplies; the third is stocked with Vintage; and the fourth is guiding flowers.
Enjoy the r-anne-domness!

January 07, 2017

Saturday Spotlight: Sarah's Cloth & Accessories


Saturday Spotlight

Sarah's Cloth & Accessories


1. What is the name of your shop or business and what do you sell?

My name is Nicole and I own Sarah's Cloth and Accessories I make children's clothing and accessories. 
I've been sewing for the same amount of time as my business has been open. 
About 3 years ago our third daughter was born and after some research I decided I'd love to cloth diaper. After looking around I realized that there was a limited amount of affordable options for us so I decided I would tackle the project myself. 
I was a natural and loved sewing. 
I got into clothing only a month after, and brought the "famous" Grow-a-long pants to London ON and area! 


2. Where are you located? or where do you sell?

Recently I decided to open a storefront where I could have all the essentials my family and friends love in one place, including my own line. 
On Nov 5th [2016] we had our grand opening at 63 Frank Street Strathroy ON. 
We chose to stay at both locations in London as well ~ The Been Garden and Oh Baby Boutique, as I've grown to love the owners and customers who shop often, and it gives us great ties to the community Sarah's cloth started in!


3. Do you have your own website/store or online link?

instagram - @sarahsclothandaccessories
and our online shopping website 

New January Romper!

4. Who or what inspires you to create?

I get called Sarah and then asked why, if my name is Nicole would I name my business "Sarah's Cloth and Accessories". 
My daughters (Savanna's) first name is Sarah, she's my dreams and the reason I started the business. She's named after my sister who passed away of leukemia 6 years ago at the age of 15. She was my strength and always pushed me to do better and be myself. So when Savannah came along we knew we had to name her Sarah, and when I decided to open my business it was only fitting I use my dreams, passion and strength from both of them to make it happen! 

preemie sized newborn mermaid gown

5. Do you listen to music when you work, and if so what kind?

I listen to a variety of music, sometimes even the paw patrol theme song as my kids watch T.V. so I can get some sewing done. lol 


6. What do you like least/most about your craft?

As a mom of four (8, 8, 3 and 7 months) I know how difficult working from home can be. It has its ups and downs. Advantages and disadvantages. 

7. Describe your workspace?

I've always had a home work space where I create, but since opening the store I'm blessed to be able to have a space right in my store front to create my pieces and still enjoy my kids running around laughing and arguing. lol


8. What is one of your best moments as a crafter/artist?

My moment of "WOW" is when I stop and think about all the littles wearing my clothes. It never stops, I'm still shocked I have so many amazing people following me. When I read reviews, talk to customers and even see little ones wearing them in public I get that flutter in my stomach! 
My most recent wow was being nominated and making it into the top 5 Readers' Choice London's Best in the Children's Store section - so blessed! 
I am so beyond lucky to have the best customers, who come to me with both the bad and good things. They are patient and kind and I couldn't ask for better people to be friends and have following my dream! 


9. What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own craft business?

For those wanting to start a business I say ..Do it. 
Stop waiting and jump for your dreams. 
Catch them and hold on because it could be a wild ride! 
I always make sure that they know dreams take work, they take time, and even money to get going. Without that initial investment of yourself you won't make it. Don't stop learning and growing as a business, go to workshops, read articles online, connect with others and give it your all.
Always be kind too.
 With all of that (along with great product photos, a little social media knowledge and some customer service skills) YOU WILL SUCCEED!


1 comment:

  1. Nicole is very talented and her children's clothing line is amazing . . . the same goes for her philosophy about life and success. :)

    ReplyDelete